Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Junk Drawer: PP50

I haven't done one of these posts in a while. This one is dedicated to a primer. Specifically, MAC Prep + Prime SPF 50. To my surprise, it wasn't that cheap. $30 for 1 oz. However, I typically don't mind paying the money for a product that works for me.


The first thing that bothered me about this product was the packaging. It comes in a hard plastic squeeze tube. For those who use it regularly, you might have a problem squeezing out that last bit unless you cut the sucker open. This ended up not being a big deal to me, though, mainly because I won't be finishing it any time soon.

The product itself does its job. Overall, I think it's an ideal primer. My makeup lasted all day -- even in the 90-something degree humid weather. I also liked that it had a lot of SPF in it. If your skin can tolerate it, you'd probably like it. The formula is like a lotion (because of the SPF, the regular P+P has more slip) and it has a slight, bearable lotion scent. 



Unfortunately, this primer broke me out like nobody's business. I'm pretty sure I have never experienced a breakout like this with a makeup product before. I had small pimples all over my cheeks. No bueno, folks. Just to be sure, I discontinued use of the primer and sure enough, my skin cleared right up. To be EXTRA sure, I tried using it once more. And sure enough (again), I broke out like crazy.

So now it lies in my junk drawer. That is, until I dump give it to my bestie. Like I said before, I think it could be a great primer if your skin tolerates it well. I haven't had any breakout issues with their regular Prep + Prime formula (which I think is great, by the way). 

2 comments:

Jaci Walker said...

I can't use MAC skin products as they break me out easily.

I love your blog and I hope you can come and check out mine! I have a giveaway on at the moment where you can win an 88 Metal Mania palette.

:)

Katie said...

Yeah, this was my first bad experience with a MAC skin product. And to think, I thought I was one of the lucky few who could get away with it. Ha!

I'll definitely check out your blog, thanks for sharing. :)