Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Birthday Goodies

So, I turned 22 this past Saturday, the 7th, and I had a very nice birthday with my boyfriend and daughter. Dinner, Netflix, a day of total relaxation -- just what I wanted / needed! I even got a few goodies that I've had on my wishlist for a while. Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but my daughter hasn't been feeling well since yesterday but she's napping now. Anyway, there's just a couple of things, so I'll do my best to keep this short and sweet =)

MAC 239 Brush

I like getting the MAC pamphlets in the mail =)

















I feel like there are certain brushes that you just need to have duplicates of. For me, this includes the 239, 266, 168, and I'm sure there's another one that I can't think of at the moment...

NARS Angelika Blush


I had the most difficult time trying to capture the true color of this blush. Angelika is a cool blue-pink cotton candy color that looks very intense in the pan. This was the best I could get it, but the true color is more intense looking than this. 



Again, the true color is more intense. This is a very pigmented blush, so you have to be careful not to apply too much. Sometimes, I like to buff it out with a kabuki brush so it looks more subtle. Also, keep in mind that it doesn't look glittery on the skin!

NARS Lip Gloss in Dolce Vita & Striptease



I got these lip glosses using the code "TEMPTALIA" on narscosmetics.com (expires 8/15). The offer was originally for three individual mini lip glosses, but now they're offering the duo. I knew I'd love Dolce Vita but I was pleasantly surprised that I ended up loving Striptease too. On its own, I could never pull off Striptease because these kinds of neutrals wash me out, big time. When I dab it on my lips over a lipstick, like MAC Lazy Day (LE), I just really love the muted effect it offers. Both colors are beautiful! Also, there's free shipping on any order over $25 using the code, "25FREESHIP".... which almost everything is $25+ so it shouldn't be hard to become eligible (lol).

On a side note, I know a lot of people don't like NARS lip glosses because of the "smell". I'd like to add that I think the smell is so faint, it's dismissable. Then again, when I like something enough, I never let those things offend me.

China Glaze: Ruby Pumps

This color is gorgeous. So unbelievably gorgeous. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'll take pictures when I do.




Last, but certainly not least......

The NAKED PALETTE!

I purchased this online from Ulta last Monday and just got it two days ago. In my opinion, this truly lives up to the hype. The colors are gorgeous. I love neutrals of almost any kind. This palette is fun, the colors are gorgeous, and the possibilities are endless. I'm going to dedicate a whole post to this palette when I get to try out more looks with it and I'll post them. I'll also include swatches in the post as well. I was going to do it today, but my boyfriend and a bunch of guys are framing out an addition to our house so I would've felt a little silly walking around with my camera and an arm full of eye shadow. I did swatch the liners though!










Whiskey on top, Zero on the bottom


Isn't it GORGEOUS?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, mine was also on the 7th...Its a great day for a birthday:)

Katie said...

I agree! Happy Birthday to you too! =)

Martha said...

Happy late birthday! Hope your little girl gets better.

You are so lucky to have gotten your hands on the Naked pallete. It is sold out everywhere! Hopefully they restock soon :(

Katie said...

Thanks! You can still get it from Ulta:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2221091&productId=xlsImpprod2390227&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=1urbandecaynaked&categoryId=cat80045%20cat940003

Kat said...

Hey awesome blog.. come follow me
www.katskandybox.blogspot.com
thanks. kat. xx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Katie. I also own Angelika, yes it is quite intense colour but it is lovely on my skin, it's actually very popular shade in Japan after Orgasm. I like using it in autumn/winter when I'm less tanned/paler. I can't wait for your next post on Naked palette. Hope your daughter will get well soon :)

Katie said...

Angelika is gorgeous! I've had my eye on it for months. It was something I always wanted but never got so I'm glad I finally bought it. It was worth every penny.

3ate4 said...

Love the colour of the gloss! Glad you had a nice Birthday :)