Saturday, July 31, 2010

MAC Haul

So, I bought a few little goodies from MAC...


Going Bananas (LE) (Frost)

I just got this in the mail today, actually! It's a light, bright yellow -- very frosty and pretty! It's a little more on the sheer side, not very opaque, but has a nice color payoff.



I Like It Like That (Cremesheen)

This also came in the mail today. I meant to get it when the collection was released, but I was more occupied with getting my hands on the MSF's. 




Viva Glam Gaga VS I Like It Like That (Gaga is the top swatch)
I Like It Like That and Viva Glam Gaga definitely belong in the same color family, but they are different. Gaga is a light, bright blue-pink and I Like It Like That is a darker blue-pink. I wore this out for a little bit today and I can say that this is very opaque and it's definitely vibrant and fun. 

All That Glitters (Veluxe Pearl) & Expensive Pink (Veluxe Pearl)

My MA recommended Expensive Pink to me and I love it. I think it compliments All That Glitters very well. I used these two in a smoky eye look by putting All That Glitters on my lid, Satin Taupe on the outer crease and I mixed Expensive Pink with the Satin Taupe. To finish it off, I lined the outer third of my lower lash line with Mystery (using a (219) pencil brush) and I blended it into my upper lash line as well. 

All That Glitters

Expensive Pink

All That Glitters (left), Expensive Pink (right)




Lustering (Lustre)





One swipe on left, three swipes on right

Isn't a gorgeous pink? It's very pigmented, very pretty. A pink like this is meant to be the main attraction to a look so I keep my eyes and cheeks simple while Lustering does all the talking. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going bananas looks lovely. How would you use it? Your swathes photos are great. Thanks :))

Katie said...

Thanks! Who ever thought that photographing makeup could be so much fun??

I think Going Bananas is such a beautiful, versatile color. I'm very much a neutrals kind of gal, but this can work for a simple or dramatic look. As an everyday look, I like to apply Naked pigment onto my lid, highlight with something like Orb, then lightly dust Going Bananas onto my lid (over Naked), but mainly focus on the center of the lid and highlight on the inner corners.

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm betting that this could be gorgeous in a smoky eye with Satin Taupe, Naked Lunch, and Mystery. I'll have to try it out and see what happens. Also, I think this would pair very nicely with Stars 'N' Rockets. Yellows and purples are like peas and carrots, I think.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie, thanks. I don't own many Mac shadows (lots of Nars, though) so I need to study a bit on your recommendations. I also like neutrals but sometimes I feel it's boring. Your tips with Going Bananas will spice up my everyday look ;)