Thursday, September 30, 2010

MAC Venomous Villains: Innocence, Beware! Lipstick

I ordered a new lipstick the other day from the Venomous Villains collection. I opted for Innocence, Beware! (Cremesheen). The prices have gone up in this collection, I believe due to licensing agreements and fees. The lipsticks are $15.50 USD.

The packaging is cute, in my opinion! The graphic design is not printed on the box itself; it's just a sleeve. I'll take this opportunity to say that packaging isn't everything to me. Don't get me wrong, I just love pretty things wrapped in pretty things but the quality of the product is the first thing I consider when buying.

Innocence, Beware! is from the Cruella de Vil sub-collection.



This color is a beautiful pinky-nude. There's no shimmer or glitter, it's not entirely opaque, though it has decent color payoff. The finish is soft and glossy which makes this a very wearable shade. 

Swatches:


If you're looking for a dupe, Hue (Glaze, permanent) is PERFECT:

Hue (top), Innocence, Beware! (bottom)

If I had to guess, I'd say that Hue is ever so slightly more opaque than Innocence, Beware!, but they look like soul mates, eh?

Recommendation: This is really pretty nude! If you like nudes and you like Venomous Villains but don't have Hue in your collection already, definitely check this one out. If you already have Hue, you might want to consider passing. The other three lipsticks in the collection make this color seem fairly ordinary, to be honest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This colour looks lovely. As you suggested,, I don't own Hue(it's on my wishlist) and experimenting nude shades but can't wear nude-nude as it make me look dead. This pinkish-nude looks wearable and promising :) I might try it at the counter this weekend. You are going to send me to Mac counter 2 weekends' in row! Packaging isn't my cup of tea, though. Thanks for the post.

Katie said...

In that case, I'd just go for Hue. I don't know what the varying MAC prices are overseas, but I know the lipsticks went from $14.50 to $15.50 because of licensing agreements. I'm glad I got this lipstick, but I kind of wish I got the other one I wanted instead. I'm going to try really hard to get it today!

Maya Sophia said...

Omg thank you so much for this. I was hoping to get both of these, but now I see there is really no need. Thanks so much!

I'd love it if you checked out my blog. I'm new here!

Anonymous said...

I was so lazy and sleepy this weekend I couldn't be bothered going into town = to MAC. Thanks for your advice I don't think I don't need it.. probably check out Hue some time soon. Hope you got the one you wanted :) x

Shannon Marie said...

I love nude lipsticks! thanks for this post:)
xx