So, being completely honest here, I wasn't excited about Fabulous Felines. Yes, I love cats, but the color story in this collection didn't intrigue me. I was actually happy about it so I could save up for Venomous Villains, which is debuting later this month. I was, however, interested in the new eyeliners. A few months ago, my MA told me that they were amazing. That's all I needed to know, really...
I ordered mine on Monday, received it on Wednesday. Luckily, because I live in New Jersey, MAC ships quickly. I just picked On the Hunt (true black) ($17.50 USD), to try it out and if I liked it, I would buy Defiantly Feline (chocolate brown with soft pearl) and Marked for Glamour (mid-tone grey with soft pearl).
What I like about it:
- You can easily make thin lines and thick lines
- Just one swipe can get the job done
- Highly pigmented, very opaque
- Stays in place, won't budge nor smear
- Easy to do a cat eye, or winged effect
What I didn't like about it:
- Takes extra time to dry... don't blink too hard! **This formula has a very wet, almost runny consistency**
- The formula got in my lashes, then my lashes got sticky and clumped together when I tried applying mascara
- Upon removal, it came off in big flakes that irritated and stung my eyes so bad
- I have to fight harder to get this off
This is going to take me some serious practice. If you're not very experienced with liquid liners, you may have a hard time with this one too. I found that it got in my lashes a little too easily and I struggled with getting both lines even. Pressing down ever so slightly will cause the line to get thick, fast. I really need to play with this some more. However, if it keeps getting in my lashes, then I won't have much use for it. This liner has a lot of hype surrounding it, so I feel like I must be missing something here.
|Just applied, still wet|
|Completely dry, but has a "wet" look|
Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?