Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Junk Drawer: Part II

Hello, hello! I'm sorry that it's been almost a week since my last post. Now that the holidays are coming, everything has been crazy busy but I have a lot of new things to talk about so stay tuned!

Okay, so this will be part II of my 'Junk Drawer' series. I'm actually loving this because I'm going through things that I never used but I'm starting to get happily reacquainted with. Remember that Stila Major Lash mascara I talked about last time? Still not my favorite, but it's good for when I'm opting for that 'natural' look. So yes, I'm liking it more than I did before but I still don't recommend it for sky high, blow your mind lashes.

Today, I've been looking at my paint pots from MAC. Generally speaking, I LOVE PAINT POTS. They are hands down, my favorite bases. However, I have two that I just don't use. Keep in mind, this series isn't just about products that I dislike; it's also about things I genuinely like yet can't seem to make it work for *me*.

Groundwork, Coral Crepe

The two paint pots that I'm talking about are Coral Crepe (LE) and Groundwork (Permanent) from the Pret A Papier collection. Overall, I didn't like that collection because as I remember, all of the colors were more complimentary to warm-toned gals.

Frankly, I have no idea why I bought Groundwork. It's not eye-catching or special. I think it was just an impulse buy. Coral Crepe is gorgeous. I think that Paradisco is the perfect mate for this color. Absolutely beautiful, I just never used it like I thought I would. However, I now feel more determined than ever to make this work. I think you could make a nice smoky eye with this using colors like Smog or Dark Horse from the UD Naked palette.

I'll let you know how it turns out in my next 'Junk Drawer' installment.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I tired purchasing the coral paint pot and they sold out :(