Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New favorite eye liners!

Before I get started, I'm so sorry for not posting as often as I usually do. I'll work on that, I promise! It's frustrating to not have my good camera right now. Every time I make an attempt to pick it up from my grandma's, a snow storm hits. Yeah, seriously. For now, I'm stuck with my regular Nikon digital which is great for taking pictures of people, not so much for photographing your makeup. It just sucks because the main focus of my blog is swatching for you guys. Sorry in advance if the quality isn't up to par.

Anyway, I've been loving my eyeliners lately. Particularly, the ones I picked up from MAC's Cham-Pale collection: Feline and the NC15/NW20 Chromagraphic Pencil. I'll be up front and say that the real star of the show here is the chromagraphic pencil. I've been LUSTING for this since its release in the Pret-A-Papier collection. It sold out before I could get my hands on it. I know I could've ordered it from the MAC store, but I figured it'd be back around again.

Feline on top, NC15/NW20 pencil on bottom

Feline (14.50 USD, limited edition) is an ultra black kohl power liner. Seriously, they don't get much blacker than this. It's the perfect eyeliner to smudge or blend out with a smoky eye. Normally, I never wear liner on my waterline because I have small eyes, black liner just makes them look smaller. Still, I tried Feline on my waterline just to tell you guys what I thought of it. I didn't like it. It didn't wear long at all and it migrates quicker than the birds who fly south for the winter. After an hour or two, there was more liner under my eyes than there was on my waterline. I think it's safe to say that this is better for the upper lash line.

The NC15/NW20 Chromagraphic pencil (14.50 USD, limited edition) is top notch. I like to wear this one on my waterline because it makes my eyes look bigger, brighter, and refreshed. This works well when I'm doing the 'no make up'-make up look because it looks natural and pairs well with just a hint of mascara. I also love this when I'm doing a smoky eye with thick liner on the upper lash line. Apply a little mascara to your bottom lashes (just be careful not to hit your waterline) and you'll get that doll-eyed effect. Love it. The best part about this is that it wears for an exceptionally long time, like the chromagraphic pencils are suppose to do. Another thing I think this pencil would be good for is when you're doing red lips. Ever hear that trick about how you should take a concealer brush and some concealer then apply a little around the outside of your lip line to make your red lips pop? In theory, I imagine this would be perfect for that but I haven't tried it yet.

Feline (left), NC15/ NW20 pencil (right)

Both pencils are down right awesome but I'm especially pleased with the NC15/NW20 pencil. I noticed that MAC online is out of stock on both of these pencils. If you can get your hands on them at a store or counter, go for it! You won't be disappointed!

5 comments:

EllysMakeupbag said...

Ugh i hate feline, it smudges sooo badly on me! I much prefer the Estee Lauder ones.

Katie said...

I think it worked well for the upper lash line but I could see it being a problem for someone with oily lids and I'd never, ever recommend it for the waterline. It can get messy!

Devea said...

I always set feline with a shadow if I am wearing it on my waterline! Chromographic pencil looks like just the thing for me! I have been very into a bright refreshed look recently.

Anonymous said...

I'd like Chromographit pencil! I usually use a highlighter pencil (such as Benefit It!) on my lower water line to brighten up and emphasize my brown eyes but never tried anything so neautral as this. Thanks :)

Katie said...

I definitely recommend the chromagraphic pencil. There's no way it could disappoint. Oh, and there's a black one (it's as black as Feline) but it stays in place. I'd like to get my hands on that one!